Explore employment opportunities in
Rhode Island’s tree care, landscape construction,
and stone masonry industries!
Learn what it’s like to work in Green Industry during the Growing Futures Boot Camp sponsored by the Rhode Island Nursery and Landscape Association (RINLA). Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (Skills RI) is recruiting candidates for the Growing Futures Boot Camp.
Growing Futures Boot Camp
November 1-3, 2021
24 hours (3 days)
Paid, in-person, hands-on
Arcadia Management Area, Hope Valley, RI
HOW TO APPLY:
Registration will be handled by Skills for Rhode Island’s future staff.
Participate in work projects on Rhode Island’s public lands, gaining exposure to skills and topics essential to success in tree care, landscape construction, and stone masonry jobs and careers.
Program participants will work for three days in the Arcadia Management Area under the supervision of staff from the RI Nursery and Landscape Association, learning and doing meaningful work to repair and restore public lands including trail restoration, fire road clearing, tree and shrub pruning, and other entry-level forestry and landscape maintenance work.
Plant-based industries are experiencing growing demand for their products and services; throughout 2020 and 2021, green industry companies have continued to work and have even increased their hiring, with vigilant attention to COVID-19 safety protocols.
You may be an ideal candidate if you meet the following criteria:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You are able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- You love being outside and engaging with natural materials (plants, soil, wood, stone)
- You can perform hard, physical work outdoors in summer and winter conditions
- You have access to reliable transportation
- You are willing and eager to learn
- You are enthusiastic and motivated to work in green industry